Lawrence Berkeley National Laboratory
ACADEMIC, INTERNAL, RESEARCH & DEVELOPMENT, NON-COMMERCIAL USE ONLY, LICENSE
Automated Recommendation Tool (ART), v2.0 and ART Front End v1 Copyright (c) 2020, The Regents of the University of California, through Lawrence Berkeley National Laboratory (“Berkeley Lab”) subject to receipt of any required approvals from the U.S. Dept. of Energy. All rights reserved.
Redistribution and use in source and binary forms, with or without modification, are permitted provided that the following conditions are met:
- Redistributions of source code must retain the above copyright notice, this list of conditions and the following disclaimer.
- Redistributions in binary form must reproduce the above copyright notice, this list of conditions and the following disclaimer in the documentation and/or other materials provided with the distribution.
- Neither the name of the University of California, Berkeley Lab, U.S. Dept. of Energy nor the names of its contributors may be used to endorse or promote products derived from this software without specific prior written permission of Berkeley Lab.
- Use of the software, in source or binary form is for INTERNAL USE, RESEARCH & DEVELOPMENT, NON-COMMERCIAL USE, purposes ONLY. User must be an accredited academic institution. User acknowledges the understanding that Berkeley Lab has filed for PATENT PROTECTION to cover the software provided under this Agreement. All commercial use rights for the software are reserved by Berkeley Lab. A separate commercial use license is available from Berkeley Lab at IPO@lbl.gov
- User agrees to indemnify, defend, and hold harmless Berkeley Lab, the U.S. Government, the software developers, the software sponsors, and their agents, officers, and employees, against any and all claims, suits, losses, damage, costs, fees, and expenses arising out of or in connection with this Agreement. User agrees to pay all costs incurred by Berkeley Lab in enforcing this provision, including reasonable attorney fees.
- In the event User creates any bug fixes, patches, upgrades, updates, modifications, derivative works or enhancements to the source code or binary code of the software ("Enhancements") User hereby grants Berkeley Lab and the U.S. Government a paid-up, non-exclusive, irrevocable, worldwide license in the Enhancements to reproduce, prepare derivative works, distribute copies to the public, perform publicly and display publicly, and to permit others to do so.
THIS SOFTWARE IS PROVIDED BY THE COPYRIGHT HOLDERS AND CONTRIBUTORS "AS IS" AND ANY EXPRESS OR IMPLIED WARRANTIES, INCLUDING, BUT NOT LIMITED TO, THE IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY AND FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE ARE DISCLAIMED. IN NO EVENT SHALL THE COPYRIGHT OWNER OR CONTRIBUTORS BE LIABLE FOR ANY DIRECT, INDIRECT, INCIDENTAL, SPECIAL, EXEMPLARY, OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES (INCLUDING, BUT NOT LIMITED TO, PROCUREMENT OF SUBSTITUTE GOODS OR SERVICES; LOSS OF USE, DATA, OR PROFITS; OR BUSINESS INTERRUPTION) HOWEVER CAUSED AND ON ANY THEORY OF LIABILITY, WHETHER IN CONTRACT, STRICT LIABILITY, OR TORT (INCLUDING NEGLIGENCE OR OTHERWISE) ARISING IN ANY WAY OUT OF THE USE OF THIS SOFTWARE, EVEN IF ADVISED OF THE POSSIBILITY OF SUCH DAMAGE.